Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sesame-Tofu Stir-Fry

I found this recipe a while ago online here. There's a whole bunch of recipes in that series on the web-site, and I plan to do more of them later, but there's so much for me to cook! For my birthday, I received a few cook books that I also want to start cooking from. (Granted, cooking from the Beekman one is always the priority until I finish it.) Plus, I bought one at a book fair recently which is filled with quite a few recipes that are good for you and easy to make. The few that I've made so far have been impressive.

Anyway, here's how this recipe worked for me.

Ingredients:

1 12-ounce package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes

Cornstarch
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts1 tablespoon sesame seeds1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper1 tablespoon cooking oil1 16-ounce bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed2/3 cup bottled stir-fry sauce2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)2 cups hot cooked brown rice

Directions:

1. Lightly coat tofu with cornstarch. In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the peanuts, the sesame seeds, ginger, and red pepper. Add tofu; toss gently.



2.  Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add tofu mixture to skillet. Cook briefly, stirring gently, until sesame seeds are toasted and tofu begins to brown.


3. Remove tofu. Add vegetables to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Add stir-fry sauce; cook and stir gently until mixture is bubbly. Stir in tofu; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and the scallions. Serve over rice.





Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the finished result, but I was hungry, so the last thing I was thinking about was taking a picture with my camera. It was super tasty, and it didn't take me that long at all. Plus, I wound up with leftovers that lasted me quite a few work lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs