Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hungarian Pork Goulash

Before I begin, I wasn't able to find this recipe online from the Beekman cookbook. I did find a similar recipe on this  website. Instead of beef, the Beekman recipe calls for pork. (I used pre-cut shoulder pieces.)





I floured my pork first before browning it, as you can see above. In another skillet I sauteed the vegetables, mixed in the spices and the tomato paste. 


It looks super appetizing, I know. 

Then I put it all together in a saucepan with water and let it hang out in my oven for an hour and fifteen minutes. It gave me time to relax on my couch, hanging with my cat, watching some Netflix.



Eventually I had to get up and add potatoes. 



When it was done, it looked like the above. It was incredibly hearty, and it was a simple enough dish to make. I think it'd be a good dinner for a cold evening when you plan on staying in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs