Monday, December 31, 2012

Rosemary Spiced Nuts

Earlier this month I had an ugly sweater party, so I made some of the appetizers from the Beekman cookbook. They planned out all of their recipes so well to compliment the seasons that the appetizers were perfect for a holiday party.

The rosemary spiced nuts are crazy easy to make too.

Ingredients:

1 cup pecans*
1 cup roasted cashews*
1 cup unblanched almonds*
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

*Instead of purchasing all three kinds of nuts, I bought a batch of mixed nuts combined. I did have some walnuts and plain old peanuts thrown in there, but it's a little easier on your wallet to go about it this way.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

To start, I coated the nuts in melted butter and put them on the baking sheet. The Beekman boys suggest you put the nuts on the baking sheet first, and then you pour the butter over them and then toss them. I just did the reverse.



I put the butter on right in the plastic container the nuts came in and shook it up in there so they were evenly coated.

In a bowl, I mixed the other spices. I poured those right in the container too and mixed it up in there by shaking it. It made sure everything was coated, and it kept the mess contained.



Then I baked them for 10-12 minutes. When they're all cool, you can store them for up to two weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs