Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Harvest Fest - Beekman Tour - The Crypts

We did a lot when we went to Harvest Fest, so I'm going to take a few posts to cover it. After we stopped and viewed the house, we went to view the crypts of the original Beekmans. It had been made to store the bodies of the dead in when the ground was frozen solid in the winter. We were able to go inside and walk around. There were some of the old stones inside and a few bones.


The marker outside the crypt



Gravestones from inside the crypt.

There were also a couple of bones inside, but I didn't take pictures of them since it seemed disrespectful. Rachel, being a scientist, feels that one was an animal bone. The other one may have been human. (I also think it'd be sweet if Rachel got her own show like Bill Nye. Except a lady Bill Nye.)

There were light fixtures in there too, and some people were taking 30 kajillion pictures of them, so I bet if you google "Beekman Crypt Light Fixtures", something will pop up. 

We went around to the back of the house next to view the gardens, which I posted earlier. The posts on the balcony higher up are actually larger than the ones on the lower balcony. This is to make it look like they're all the same size when you're standing on the ground. 


At this point we were shown the apple trees, and I had ...

...my first Polka Spot sighting.

She's way over by the group of people at the fence, laying on the ground. There's some goats photo-bombing my shot off to the left too. Jumping around. Being goaty.

I was excited. Not gonna lie. I wanted to go do a Vogue Editorial fashion spread on her, but the tour led us to the pond in back.


Gorgeous, right?

Let me pause here for a moment to tell you about Sister Wife Dream Farm. Not only does it sound like an awesome idea for a Facebook app, but it's what I'd like to happen to my friends and me. I want to get a large beautiful farm for all of my sister wives (Nick, Rachel, Elyse, Jess, Alissa ...and heck, John too) to come live on and appreciate all of the wonderful things a farm can provide. Like a llama.

So, if I mention Sister Wife Dream Farm, you won't be totally clueless.

Disclaimer: I don't actually have Sister Wives. Or even a wife. But I do have a sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs