Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sauteed Chicken with...Not Pears, but Apples

Originally this recipe calls for bartlett pears, but it is noted that you can substitute apples instead. Rachel and I had an apple theme going on for the evening, and we had just visited the orchard for some fresh Cortlands. So, we opted for the swap.


Rachel cooks chicken like a pro.

We had to cook the chicken first by its lonesome, and the breasts we got were HUGE, so they took longer than the recipe required to cook them. Having plenty of chicken is always a good idea though when feeding Greg, Rachel's boyfriend. As we cooked, he maintained a conversation with my cat.

Greg: "Do you like nomenclatures?"
Handsome Gentleman: "Meow."
Greg: "Are you looking for the clatures?"

So, anyway, my friend John finally showed up to eat things and not use an indoor voice while indoors. They watched some terrible Kung-Fu movie in which only half was dubbed, so I doubt the plot mattered. 


Sucks to be a cat that can't eat people food.
Even if you are really handsome.

I was on apple peeling/chopping duty while Rachel mixed the ingredients for the sauce together. I can kind of see why it wasn't pictured in the cookbook, because ours came out looking ...well...



Yeah.

All right, I'm not plating expert. I was really hungry, and I just piled everything together. It looks like a sloppy mess, but I don't care. Come at me bro. IT WAS DELICIOUS. 

It also blew John's mind because apparently chicken and apples together was a foreign concept. 

Rachel thought that the apples were really tart in this, and she thought we should have used a sweeter apple. I like tart though, and I thought they were really tasty with the shiraz we used. I guess it's all a matter of preference. 

Greg and John also agreed that it was good.

Handsome Gentleman didn't get any because he was hunting for clatures.

And because he is a cat.

If you want to see how this recipe turned out for other people, you can take a peek at some pictures on the Beekman website.

For a similar recipe, go here. We didn't use apple juice or whipping cream in our recipe, but the rest seems pretty close. Of course, we also used apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs