Saturday, September 22, 2012

Harvest Fest Part One & A Start of Some Bread

Tomorrow is looking like a lovely day to knock out a few recipes. Life in general has been busy. A new school year just rolled out, one of my friends is about to get married (two weeks away!), and I tend to find layers upon layers of things to do.

But, tomorrow I've set aside the day to bake and cook some of the fall selection of recipes out of the Beekman cookbook.

Tonight I started the first one


Pumpkin Cheese Bread.

The dough has to be chilled overnight in the fridge, so that's where it is now, hoping to look somewhere near as delicious as the image above taken from the Beekman Heirloom Cookbook.

Last weekend, I went to Harvest Fest with two of my friends, and it was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a long time. Everyone there was incredibly friendly, the farm was beautiful, and I brought home some awesome things. 

Right now I'm enjoying Roasted Jalapeno Hummus made by Freddy's Rockin' Hummus. Normally I make my own hummus because when you make your own, it's way better than any store-bought brand. So, I can appreciate a good home-made hummus, and the Jalapeno's in this gave it just the right kick. 

And is it possible to become addicted to lip balm? Because I'm pretty sure I might be. Olive Naturally was at Harvest Fest with freshly made products with all the scents of the fall season. I bought Pumpkin Cheesecake lip balm, and I have been using pretty constantly since. 

I also found a beer I actually like. I'm not a beer drinker. I don't like the taste of beer usually -- that is, until I met Ommegang. They have some sort of berry beer that I didn't catch the name of, but it is phenomenal. 

Man, I'll need to figure out what that was. 

Of course, all of the shopping and food was awesome, but the best part for me was getting the opportunity to tour the farm. When we went, the sun was bright and the air was crisp, so it was the perfect day for a good walk. 



This is the view of the back of the house and the flower gardens. When I was watching the show, I always thought that this was the front of the house, but as we were informed during the tour, it's not. 


This is. You can't really see it, but there's a carefully laid out pumpkin arrangement on the stairs. There were also random pumpkins in the trees. 


This is the view over the grounds. I mean, could a day get any more beautiful? 

I think I'll end this post here for now, but don't worry. I have plenty more beautiful pictures from Harvest Fest. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs