Monday, September 3, 2012

OUR MISSION..SHOULD WE CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT

Firstly, I suppose it'd be in order to welcome you to our blog. It's a humble thing, and I'm not even sure if anyone will ever read it besides the four of us, but whatever.

The inspiration for this blog is The Beekman Cookbook. It's a book created by Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Dr. Brent Ridge, the couple who purchased the Beekman farm in Sharon Springs, NY. I found out about them since their show appeared on my Netflix queue, and I am down to watch anything about gay men on a farm with a sassy llama. 


Look at how cute they are with the goats.

Essentially, the cookbook is broken down by season, with recipes that are appropriate for each of the seasons. We're going to start off with the fall recipes, and by next summer we're hoping to have baked/cooked/created all of the recipes in the book. 

By we, I mean myself and three of my awesome lady friends. Then there's going to be some other people milling around eating everything because I can't eat it all myself. Well, I could, but I like having other people eat what I cook. Then they can tell me it's good. (Or not if they never want me to cook for them again.)

Sometimes we'll blog about other recipes, or about the Beekmans, or whatever, but our main focus right now is the Beekman cookbook.

This weekend we'll begin cooking four of the fall recipes which you'll see soon after in the blog. 

Wish us luck!

- Sarah




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, this is a great idea! :D I'll have to try some of your recipes. You don't need luck, you are a creative talent and cooking is an art. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs