Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Hummus and Mustard Experiments

This post has nothing to do with the Beekman cookbook and everything to do with two things I love.

Hummus and a particular mustard I purchased at Harvest Fest.

I love Hummus. I love making it, and I love eating it. It's really simple to make, and I always prefer hummus I make to any I can buy. It's smoother, I control the flavor, and there's far less preservatives in it.

I also love this mustard:


I'm not a mustard kind of gal really, but this mustard has such a good flavor to it.  Plus, the guy selling it was funny, and he complimented our outfits. This appealed to my vanity, and I'm all about supporting people who do that. (That's kind of a joke. Kind of.)

And look at the ingredients in that mustard! I KNOW ALL OF IT. (And they include Guinness.)

It's made by Two Bears Provisions

Here's the two experiments I want to do with these things.

Hummus: How many flavors of hummus can I make that are actually good?

Mustard: How many delicious things can I make with this mustard without just throwing it on a sandwich and calling it a day?

In a perfect world, these two things would come together beautifully. 


Here are the ingredients I used:

1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp mustard (a grainy dijon would work well, but it's not as awesome as this mustard)
1/2 a garlic clove
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1 15oz can garbanzo beans

I mixed it all together and pureed it in a blender. Then I tasted it and added more of whatever I thought it needed. 

It was everything I'd hoped and dreamed it would be.


I'm pretty excited to eat it for lunch tomorrow.

As far as these experiments go, here's one delicioso hummus, and one thing I can make with that mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs